Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Birthday from OK Cupid - What a Great Start to a New Year!

This morning I awoke to find the following email from OK Cupid in my inbox.....Oh, OKCupid, you know just what I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Happy Birthday, (my profile name)!
Still single? Come check out your matches and find the men who want to meet you for your birthday! Click here to find your birthday matches!

Birthday Cake!

Happy day!

-OkCupid

Still single?  Yes, of course I am......Haven't you seen the matches you've been sending me?  I know they are much improved over the earlier matches, but come on!

I think OK Cupid has gotten to know me so well.  These men are truly beginning to match what I have asked for in a partner.  A few of my favorite profile names, pics and intros from this week's matches:
                                                              CLARKKENT2011
Seriously?  Yes, the fact that I actually specifically talk about being fit in my profile obviously doesn't seem to matter.  However, he could be more fit than his picture lets on.............

                                                    FIRST_BASE...............
because that's probably as far as he's ever gotten??????????  His bowl haircut shows me that he is thrifty or is that cheap?  Hmmmmm.
                                                              LATINO TIGER....
who apparently doesn't know how to turn his picture right side up (they're all that way)
                                                   SIXTHREEMD.............

let's clarify that MD means Maryland, not Medical Doctor.  His profile intro starts out with:  This is where people describe thereselves...............wow.  OK Cupid you know me so well!

I wonder if my "birthday matches," the men who want to meet me for my birthday (because I should give that special day to a stranger, right?) will be especially terrific.........let's find out:

1.  ObscureOblique - His self-summary, if his profile name isn't odd enough -
Generally, when I feel obligated to do something, like write a self-summary, my first reaction is not to do it. It's not that I am a rebel, it's just that I'm obstinate.

Well, let me just sign on for a relationship with him?  I don't want any man that I date to feel obligated to do anything.  God forbid he actually feel like he wants to tell me about himself in a dating profile.  How can this be your self-summary?  Really?  This is it?  This is all about you?  What you want in life?  So, all I need to know is that you're NOT a rebel, but you are OBSTINATE.  Somehow, obstinate is not what I am wanting!  I think I'd prefer the rebel.


2.  MATHBOXERS - First, the obligatory bathroom shot of himself and he obviously doesn't understand the looking up part.....Next, His own explanation for the profile name -
Oh, and why 'mathboxers'? Years ago at Penn State I had to come up with a username. So I figured, "Hey, I like math, and I wear boxers." It stuck.
Well, I like sushi and I wear a bra, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make my profile name SushiBra - just think of the implications.........Or how about IceCreamHat or maybe ChocolateTampon..............those might work.  Sigh.


OKCupid you have been especially generous to me on this, my birthday.  Thank you. 


I'm going to save some for the next blog, but just wanted to start my new year off by giving my friends at OK Cupid a shout out for such fabulous work this past year!  You rock!

And don't worry, if I'm still single next year, I'll look forward to the birthday card that reminds me that you still haven't sent me any matches that actually fit my profile parameters!

For now, I believe I will stay on OK Cupid just to provide some levity in the lives of friends :)
Happy New Year and Happy Dating to all my friends!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment