Sunday, November 14, 2010

Communication from OKCupid gives me something to LIVE FOR!

I recently received an email from OKCupid whose subject title reads:  

Subject:  (OKCupid Code Name) we have data on your attractiveness!

Here is the message in its entirety:

(okcupid code name):

We are very pleased to report that you are in the top half of OkCupid's most attractive users. The scales recently tipped in your favor, and we thought you'd like to know.
How can we say this with confidence? We've tracked click-thrus on your photo and analyzed other people's reactions to you in QuickMatch and Quiver.
. . .
Your new elite status comes with one important privilege:
You will now see more attractive people in your match results.
This new status won't affect your actual match percentages, which are still based purely on your answers and desired match's answers. But the people we recommend will be more attractive. Also! You'll be shown to more attractive people in their match results.
. . .
Suddenly, the world is your oyster. Login now and reap the rewards. And, no, we didn't just send this email to everyone on OkCupid. Go ask an ugly friend and see.

So, I have to say, I feel so much better about myself now.............once in a slump, worried that men on OKCupid were not interested in me, I have had my ego bolstered by the random tiny clicks of a mouse on star-ratings on OKCupid!
I think the most exciting part of this was that I would "now start seeing more attractive men" in my match section.  Apparently, i was unworthy of seeing attractive men prior to the ratings that I received from "said-men."  And, equally as important, I would now be sent to "more attractive men" as a possible match for them.  Thank you, OKCupid!  Thank you Thank you.  
Then I thought, do I have an ugly friend who is using OkCupid that I could verify these results with?  Hmmmmm.  My dear friends, I don't think I have any ugly friends........perhaps I could find an "ugly" woman on OkCupid and send her a message that asks her if she's received the same wonderful email?

Well, having been told that i would now be receiving more attractive me in my "Quiver" of matches.....now, let's stop and consider this word "quiver."  At first I did not think of the bow and arrow quiver, you know, like a quiver full of arrows (fairly archaic language not often used any more).  I thought of the verb quiver - like, "He makes me quiver!"  A very exciting prospect.  But, what I was receiving in my quiver was more like a shiver and I was hoping that NOW, maybe, I would receive some quiver-worthy men in this quiver of mine................huh.

Let me first say that the "quality" of men in my quiver and my match column did improve, but one can judge for oneself by viewing the pictures below, pictures that are an improvement on some of what I had already been receiving.

Medieval Times Guy
Hagrid from Harry Potter Guy
Guy who for some reason is fully clothed in the pool
My favorite, Medusa Guy

Now, ladies, I know what you must be thinking..............some of these men have the potential to be "attractive."  But, I am just going on the pictures that they themselves have decided to use in their profiles.  Oh, that's not what you were thinking?
Then, perhaps you were thinking how it is that these could be an improvement over what I had been receiving?  How could it be worse?  It was......
I will say, to OkCupid's credit, there have been some actual "better looking men" that I've received recently.  And, they actually seem like decent guys who have jobs who are fit and who can communicate (I have been in touch with a few)..........
I will refrain from posting them here, lest I am ever in a "relationship" with one of them and he happens to see this blog, lol.
For now, I just want to thank OkCupid for giving me that little boost of confidence that I needed to get over the hump...........and, calling all ugly girls, have you received an email from OkCupid too?


  


No comments:

Post a Comment