Friday, May 7, 2010

A New Time and Place for Coffee

Well, we have officially moved!  It's been over a month again, since I've written, but moving is enough of an excuse to warrant that :)
Today I sit in my new coffee shop - Baltimore Coffee and Tea Company.....ahhhh, surrounded by thousands, or, perhaps, millions of coffee beans, I endeavor to stay focused on my studying for my quickly approaching comp on Body and Physical Difference. 
This BCTC has already served as the site for a first date - another that does not warrant a second date.  SSDD people.  I am beginning to think God is having a lot of fun sending me all the men in the world who have bad teeth and put misleading pictures of themselves on their profiles. :)  But, no major investment, no frustration, when all is said and done.
This coffee shop has seemed to be one that is fairly quiet, not quite as noisy and chaotic as the Caribou I used to frequent.  Quiet in the sense that people respect each others' work space so are not ridiculously loud on cell phones or Skype conversations with their internet brides. ;)
However, there are still the "Outlet Hogs" that frequent almost every coffee shop.  I am sitting next to one today.  I asked him nicely if he would be needing both plugs the entire time (considering the fact that one of his plugs was for his IPhone.  And, if you have an IPhone you know that you can plug it directly into your laptop in the jumpdrive to charge it.  It does not require the actual wall-socket outlet in order to charge.)  He got a little incensed and removed his IPhone plug, so now I can plug in.  But, really........common sense people, common sense.  
New Apartment is great!  Neighbors are GREAT!  We have Mary Claire upstairs who introduced herself to my dad and I by saying,
"Hi, honey, I may not always have food in my cupboards but I always have wine and booze."  My kind of neighbor!!!
And, she told Abby that if we have a party, we should let her know, she likes to party.  
Let me clarify that Mary Claire is probably in her early 60s :)
We live below an international airline stewardess who is from New Zealand.  She has also invited us for a bottle of wine :)  a bottle, yes, not a glass.....
So, people have been really friendly - heck, anyone who wants to share their wine should be considered friendly, lol.
Wine in the Woods is coming up next weekend and I'm very much looking forward to that!  An old friend from high school is coming down to visit and it should be a really good time....
BTW, in the time that has passed, I did have a minor accident which resulted in some new scar-work on my face.  I figured it was time to get some scars on the left side to balance out the right :)
Thanks to the Cherry Blossom Festival and the guy who lifted the caution tape to push his stroller UNDER while I was in the process of stepping OVER it......I ended up with stitches and a lovely little scar on my chin which still has nerve damage and is not healing as well as I would like.  A trip to the plastic surgeon may be in order here.
All in all, life is good.  We have gotten away from Vagina Guy, the Domestic Abuse couple, and the case-a-weekend beer drinkers that live in our old building.  OHHHHHHH, and we rescued a new stray kitty in the process.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment